I've been assigned a data migration project in which I need to play as a role of code analyst....Basically it's an mobile banking domain database which is in oracle and db2 and we have to migrate it into SAP in which they are using Sybase 365 m-commerce application......
Now to initiate it we need to know the functionality from both the system(As I am new to it I don't know much about the system and they don't have any idea about their system)
As per my knowledge it look like a very tedious job to me...As I don't have any idea about this project and migration..I want to know some of the below information..
1. My role as a code analyst(till now I understand I need to check the code interacting with db and from it analyze it's flow and changes )
2. Don't know anything about the migration process(what tool they use, how they do the mappings,what is the process of it etc etc)
3. What kind of knowledge and preparation I need to do before it.
4. As the process is on the onsite so how should I play me role with confidence..
5. How can I figure out the code which interacting with db and it's flow from request to response...As they are not using any framework like struts or spring and I am not aware how they put this code together?