File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

SCJP / OCJP

 
Goutham Harsha
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Could someone tell the difference between SCJP and OCJP ?

1) Are they essentially the same exam with two aliases (since Oracle owned Sun) ?
2) If they are different, what should I opt to take scjp or ocjp ?
3) Again, in case they are different, how much different is the portion of ocjp from the portion of scjp ?

I was suggested the SCJP Preparation book by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates . Is the same book sufficient for ocjp too ?
 
Mohamed Sanaulla
Saloon Keeper
Pie
Posts: 3159
33
Google App Engine Java Ruby
  • 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Goutham Harsha wrote:Could someone tell the difference between SCJP and OCJP ?

1) Are they essentially the same exam with two aliases (since Oracle owned Sun) ?

Yes they are same exams. SCJP name is no longer used.

Goutham Harsha wrote:
2) If they are different, what should I opt to take scjp or ocjp ?

They are same.

Goutham Harsha wrote:
I was suggested the SCJP Preparation book by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates . Is the same book sufficient for ocjp too ?

Yes
 
Goutham Harsha
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks a lot for answering all my queries , Mohamed Sanaulla
 
Mohamed Sanaulla
Saloon Keeper
Pie
Posts: 3159
33
Google App Engine Java Ruby
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Goutham Harsha wrote:Thanks a lot for answering all my queries , Mohamed Sanaulla

In any case you have the ScjpFaq
(Also there are other posts on related topic. So SearchFirst will help you)
 
Goutham Harsha
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mohamed Sanaulla wrote:
Goutham Harsha wrote:Thanks a lot for answering all my queries , Mohamed Sanaulla

In any case you have the ScjpFaq
(Also there are other posts on related topic. So SearchFirst will help you)


Yeah. Just checked them out. Thanks !
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic