This week's giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons and have Godfrey Nolan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes SCJP / OCJP Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "SCJP / OCJP" Watch "SCJP / OCJP" New topic
Author

SCJP / OCJP

Goutham Harsha
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 23, 2011
Posts: 9
Could someone tell the difference between SCJP and OCJP ?

1) Are they essentially the same exam with two aliases (since Oracle owned Sun) ?
2) If they are different, what should I opt to take scjp or ocjp ?
3) Again, in case they are different, how much different is the portion of ocjp from the portion of scjp ?

I was suggested the SCJP Preparation book by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates . Is the same book sufficient for ocjp too ?
Mohamed Sanaulla
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Sep 08, 2007
Posts: 3068
    
  33

Goutham Harsha wrote:Could someone tell the difference between SCJP and OCJP ?

1) Are they essentially the same exam with two aliases (since Oracle owned Sun) ?

Yes they are same exams. SCJP name is no longer used.

Goutham Harsha wrote:
2) If they are different, what should I opt to take scjp or ocjp ?

They are same.

Goutham Harsha wrote:
I was suggested the SCJP Preparation book by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates . Is the same book sufficient for ocjp too ?

Yes


Mohamed Sanaulla | My Blog
Goutham Harsha
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 23, 2011
Posts: 9
Thanks a lot for answering all my queries , Mohamed Sanaulla
Mohamed Sanaulla
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Sep 08, 2007
Posts: 3068
    
  33

Goutham Harsha wrote:Thanks a lot for answering all my queries , Mohamed Sanaulla

In any case you have the ScjpFaq
(Also there are other posts on related topic. So SearchFirst will help you)
Goutham Harsha
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 23, 2011
Posts: 9
Mohamed Sanaulla wrote:
Goutham Harsha wrote:Thanks a lot for answering all my queries , Mohamed Sanaulla

In any case you have the ScjpFaq
(Also there are other posts on related topic. So SearchFirst will help you)


Yeah. Just checked them out. Thanks !
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: SCJP / OCJP
 
Similar Threads
SCJP books still valid for OCJP?
Scjp/ocjp exam pattern
SCJP (OCJP)- 1.6 passed
SCJP and OCJP
ocjp