So, I have a JAR file. I used this program to sign it. The output file was a different file. I copied the unsigned JAR to a different directory. I am using command line, FYI. I then did this :
NOTE: I have tried this without the RSA key algorithm. It does the exact same thing (and the exact same problem). Has nothing to do with the key algorithm.
Obviously, it SHOULD be fine. I ran the code (it is a client I've been working on). It is an Applet. The signed JAR file (Applet) from the program (the program created the keystore, signed it, etc) runs 100%. The one I did myself (above) runs half... When I go to the self-signed JAR, it gives me the runtime certificate certification, the same as the program-signed JAR file. When I launch it (the server is running), the server reads the output from the program. The client (JAR file in the web browser) reads it fine. When I tell the client to send data, then receive it back, it has issues. On the program-signed one, there is no issues. I believe it has nothing to do with the code. It has something to do with the signing or certificate. I took the exact same program and did the stuff (above) to it. If you would like me to paste the code, I will do so.
This is very wierd.
Recap of problem : I can send information to the client (from the server). The client picks up the data and does what it is supposed to do. I can send information to the server (from the client). The server picks up the data and does what it is supposed to do. If I try to send data to the server (from the client), and send it back, the client doesn't receive the data for some reason. The program-signed JAR file works fine. The self signed JAR file has that problem. The problem may not sound that bad, but it is essential to my program to get this working. I would really like to be able to sign my JAR files myself, and not just have a program do it for me. The unsigned JAR file is exactly the same.
If you see a problem, please share the answer. I am anxiously awaiting your answer(s). If you would like a live demo, I would be more than happy to show you the websites in person with the server running. I will paste the server and client code if you would like me too, but I am positive that is not the issue.
There has been nothing wrong with the program. I would just like to be able to understand how to do it on my own and not be dependent on someone else's software. I can be up-to-date if I do it on my own.
EDIT : I checked the Error output from the Applet. There were no errors of any kind...
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” (Mosher's Law of Software Engineering)
“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” (Edsger Dijkstra)