There isn't an answer to that. It depends how much you already know and how much time you can spend on it in a week.
Joined: May 13, 2011
Try taking some mock exam to see where you are. If your result are not very far from passing, and you can dedicate substantial amount of time in the next few weeks, you can try.
EPractice Labs Support
Joined: Nov 07, 2005
Hope my article answer your queries.
Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect Preparation Article
Oracle offers variety of Java Certifications for all Java Editions (Java SE, Java EE and Java ME). Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect (Formerly Sun Certified Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect (SCEA)) certification tests Java architecture experience.
What exam I need to pass to achieve OCP for Java SE 5 Enterprise Architect Certification?
You need to complete 1Z0-864 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Exam (Step 1 of 3) , 1Z0-865 – Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment (Step 2 of 3) and 1Z0-866 – Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Essay Exam (Step 3 of 3) to achieve this certification.
What kind of knowledge I can achieve after completing this certification?
Empowers in driving Java EE Architecture for enterprise applications. Java EE certified architects can easily evaluate various design options, frameworks, software COTS components, etc.
Do I need any prior certification to take this exam?
Currently there is no prior requirement from Oracle.
Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect Certification Step 1
* Application Design Concepts and Principles - Tests your OO design language skills
* Common architectures - Tests the skills in evaluation of enterprise application tiers
* Integration and Messaging - Tests the architectural solution knowledge to connect Java EE with any legacy systems and architectural solution knowledge in synchronous and asynchronous message architecture
* Business Tier Technologies - Tests the design and basic API knowledge in EJB and JPA
* Web Tier Technologies - Tests the design and basic knowledge in WAF,JSP,Servlet,JSF and JSTL
* Applicability of Java EE - Tests the design decision knowledge about Java EE technologies
* Patterns - Tests the knowledge in design patterns
* Security - Tests various kinds of enterprise security including firewalls and DMZ
Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect Certification Step 2
A business problem will be given to you in the form of use case diagrams, business domain model, and statement format. The requirements will encompass both Functional and Non-Functional requirements. You are requested to come up with an architecture for the given business problem to meet both the functional and non-functional requirements.
It is a very challenging experience to get to know about Java EE Architecture best practices. Once you have completed your assignment, you need to upload your assignment into Oracle and it will be manually evaluated by technical authors.
Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect Certification Step 3
This is another stimulating test to verify your architectural knowledge about design decisions. Architecture can be implemented in many ways with different design decisions. The questions will be on why you have chosen this way and why not the other way. You need to answer with brief explanation. If you have completed Step 1 and Step 2, Step 3 will be straightforward and very easy to crack.
The Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect exam does not require any pre-certifications from Oracle. So, if you decide to take Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect Certification, you can very well start without any prerequisite. Remember that beginning October 1, 2011, Java Architect and Java Developer certification path requirements will include a new mandatory course attendance requirement.
My recommendations: 1. Understand exam objectives (topics covered)
2. Identify your weakness areas (skills you are uncomfortable) and Focus your efforts on those areas
3. Don't attend mock exams until you are familiar with the concepts
I used the Cade book. I haven't read/used the SCEA 5 Certification Training Lab so I can't comment it. The author is here this week to answer any questions you have about that. It's a great opportunity to find out more!