I have to discuss with a few people if the next project should be done in java or python, I know a few things about the project: it's going to be web, it will be small at first but is fairly likely to grow into an average size, it is mostly CRUDE with only one database, in the future it will access one or two web services for data, and only 3 people are going to be developing this project.
I already googled a about java vs python and so far I haven't found a lot of pros for java, also I am studding python a bit so I can have a more elaborated opinion and so far this is what I got:
* You need to type less to make the same program in python
* Java is way easier to refactor your application
* Java performance is better
* Python won't make you spend a lot of time configuring you libraries
* I believe maintenance in python is harder, but I don't know it for sure (Python/Django seems a lot like java servlet..)
I really what to keep programming in java but this "you program in python faster" seems to be the main topic right now... is it true? do anyone here have experience in both language who could share some thoughts?