File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
The moose likes BEA/Weblogic and the fly likes Error {bea-err}TYPE003 -- Runtime Type Mismatch Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » BEA/Weblogic
Bookmark "Error {bea-err}TYPE003 -- Runtime Type Mismatch" Watch "Error {bea-err}TYPE003 -- Runtime Type Mismatch" New topic

Error {bea-err}TYPE003 -- Runtime Type Mismatch

D Martinez

Joined: Aug 02, 2011
Posts: 4

I am encountering a quite vague error while developing an adapter. This adapter talks to a web service, and the error is "{bea-err}TYPE003", Description: "Runtime Type Mismatch". I'm looking for a quick way to identify the source of this error as it has been an issue for a couple days now. I haven't had much luck searching through Google. Has anyone here seen this error before?

Right now I'm able to successfully submit the same request using eviware's soapUI against the web service. I'm also able to successfully execute the request through the Proxy Service this adapter uses to communicate to the service. The error occurs when I execute from the Logical and Physical Data Services.

All components I've used to test this out (including soapUI, which required a new project to be created for this web service) are based off the same WSDL and Schema.

I should note that I've rebuilt the physical data service a few times, and continue to encounter the error. I suspect that the issue may be in the response message that comes back to the adapter. Any tips and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

D Martinez
D Martinez

Joined: Aug 02, 2011
Posts: 4

I've found a solution. There were patches missing from my installation, which were available from my team's repository. Installing these patches to Oracle's Workshop for WebLogic resolved this issue, and I am now able to proceed with adapter development.
Darryn Brooking

Joined: Aug 07, 2011
Posts: 1

Do you have the details of the applied patches? I'm getting the same error for an xquery file and its driving me batty.

Result:Error executing the XQuery transformation: Error parsing XML: {bea-err}TYPE003: Runtime Type Mismatch
D Martinez

Joined: Aug 02, 2011
Posts: 4


I think the steps to update BEA in your case (different steps than I performed, see parenthetical note at end of message) would be to use the Oracle Smart Update utility. This can be found at C:\bea\utils\bsu\bsu.cmd if you're running Windows. You can run this in Windows because it's a GUI that looks for patches. There is also a for UNIX/Linux installations as well, it appears.

The patches I applied were:
J4BG - Resolution of namespace prefixes in non-conforming SOAP Messages
1V79 - marshalling of webservice input/output incorrect for some wsdls with top-level elements defined with a type="someType" rather than an in-line complexType
LXKI - exception when web service response contains an xml comment

Your updates may be different.

At this time I'm not certain if there could be other errors with the code you showed me. I haven't built adapters that include SQL SELECT statements in them though, so I lack experience here. But try the smart update and see if that gets you anywhere. I can look back at the code if there are still issues with it.

Hope this helps!

(Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I needed to look up what updates could be done to BEA WebLogic. I applied patches manually, but I think the steps I did were outlined by my client. As most documentation for my client are proprietary/confidential/get-me-in-trouble-able-if-I-shared-them, I was a little shy about posting those. )
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: Error {bea-err}TYPE003 -- Runtime Type Mismatch
It's not a secret anymore!