This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
The long awaited version of Aspose.Slides for Java (2.6.0) has been released. This is primarily a maintenance release that contains the fix for several issues shared by customers. It includes Issues related to presentation access in PowerPoint 2010 and Linux environment have been resolved. A new parser for extracting text from PPTX using Aspose.Slides for Java has also been implemented along with support for some of missing shapes. Support for Japanese characters rendering along with missing text rendering in exported PDF’s and thumbnails has been improved in this new release. This release includes plenty improved features and also fixes for following issues.
- Arrows and connectors are improperly rendered
- Japanese font problem when PPTX converted to pdf or image - Spaces are lost when extracting slide text
- Latest Microsoft Office hot-fix breaks Aspose.Slides for some presentations
- improved Image Quality in PDF
- Images, footer line and autoshapes not rendered in generated PDF
- PptxReadException on accessing presentation
- Some shapes missing or look different after saving to PDF
- Slide Title text improperly rendered
- Slide text missing in thumbnail
- Japanese character failed to render
- Rendered text quality is poor for both small and large fonts
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Slides for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Slides for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Slides is a Java component to create, read, write and modify a PowerPoint document without using Microsoft PowerPoint. It supports PHP applications and provides all advanced features for managing presentations, slides, shapes, tables and supports PPT, POT, POS PowerPoint formats. Now you can add, access, copy, clone, edit and delete slides in your presentations. It also supports audio & video frames, adding pictures, text frames and saving presentations as streams or SVG format.