Win a copy of Think Java: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist this week in the Java in General forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Problem compile

 
Patrick Ejsing-Duun
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
HI

I'm reading this book called "Head First Java". Really cool book btw.

but then i try to compile myfirstapp.java in the console I get 2 error.



myfirstapp.java look like this:


Naarh..
 
Vijay Tidake
Ranch Hand
Posts: 148
Hibernate Java Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

System.out.printIn("I Rule!");


It is System.out.println("I Rule!");

l not I.

Thanks
 
Patrick Ejsing-Duun
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Vijay Tidake wrote:Hi,

System.out.printIn("I Rule!");


It is System.out.println("I Rule!");

l not I.

Thanks


cool thanks

just started today
 
Wouter Oet
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 2700
IntelliJ IDE Opera
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Then you're doing just fine. We all make small mistakes like that when we started. Good luck and welcome to the JavaRanch!
 
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff
Posts: 48917
58
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Wouter Oet wrote:Then you're doing just fine. We all make small mistakes like that when we started. Good luck and welcome to the JavaRanch!
I had far more mistakes than that when I started
 
Matthew Brown
Bartender
Posts: 4567
8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Wouter Oet wrote:Then you're doing just fine. We all make small mistakes like that when we started

Whereas nowadays we make big mistakes.
 
Patrick Ejsing-Duun
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Matthew Brown wrote:
Wouter Oet wrote:Then you're doing just fine. We all make small mistakes like that when we started

Whereas nowadays we make big mistakes.


hehe
I have coded a little in C#, will that make it easier for me ?
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Posts: 12122
30
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Patrick Ejsing-Duun wrote:I have coded a little in C#, will that make it easier for me ?

yes and no.

yes, because you should be familiar with things like loops, if-else, etc.

No, because if you are like me, you'll wind up writing something using C# syntax in a java program (or vice versa), and be really confused when it won't compile.
 
Patrick Ejsing-Duun
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
fred rosenberger wrote:
Patrick Ejsing-Duun wrote:I have coded a little in C#, will that make it easier for me ?

yes and no.

yes, because you should be familiar with things like loops, if-else, etc.

No, because if you are like me, you'll wind up writing something using C# syntax in a java program (or vice versa), and be really confused when it won't compile.


sounds nice in a way
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic