AppletViewer using signed Applets doesn't work for me. If I launch the SAME html file (local) in my browser, it runs fine. If I put the signed Applet on one of my websites, it works fine there. This seems very strange considering it works in the real world (local & online), but not in a "structured environment" such as the appletviewer tool. This is the error I get while using AppletViewer :
Please note that I DO have my server running while I tested this for applet viewer. I don't really care about it, but I just thought it fascinating that it doesn't work. Please note that in the real world, it works fine. Locally, in a browser, it works. If I post it online (have had 10 people try it out, 3 people maximum at a time), it works their. It doesn't work when I use AppletViewer. I have tried this without SSL in AppletViewer, and it still fails. Without SSL, it also ran fine in the real world? Does "AppletViewer" impose Applet security restrictions? The Applet is self-signed and self-certified. It connect to one server on one port on my computer. Obviously, as indicated above, it will not allow access to the server.
PS : I put Low Priority in the title because it is not important and does not hinder my programming experience in any way. I am just curious about this problem. There are people with real questions about their code which I consider to be more important than a question like this. I put that in the title for the betterment of the community (though in the rules it says don't say "URGENT" in the title). I just felt it was appropriate, letting people know it is NOT urgent.
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” (Mosher's Law of Software Engineering)
“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” (Edsger Dijkstra)