I have a EAR file which runs fine on IBM websphere (6.0 and 6.1), now I want to run it on Jboss 4.2.0.As this is a dynamic website I need to make an oracle
connection and where the datasource name is different from DefaultDS. I am not using EJB's.
I have configured JBoss inside Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) and going to do any modification on the code etc through eclipse-JBoss combination only.
1. Created the oracle-ds.xml with DB and application specific parameters.
2. Deployed the oracle-ds.xml in C:\jboss-4.2.0.GA\server\default\deploy directory
3. Kept the hsqldb-ds.xml as it is, in the same location (As it comes default)
4. Provided the ojdbc14.jar in C:\jboss-4.2.0.GA\server\default\lib
1. JBoss starts successfully, showing it is able to detect the new application specific JNDI name (MY_ds)
2. But When I have deployed my application .EAR file, I am receiving the following exception(s),
I am able to connect to this database with the above user_name and password using TOAD
web.xml of the application is as follows,
Do I have to modify some other .xml file(s) as well ?
“Men are only as good as their technical development allows them to be.”
Well my project WEB-INF/lib contains both "log4j" and "commons-logging" JAR and to test, I have removed both the jar's from project location WEB-INF/lib in IDE.
Now IDE(Eclipse) is giving the following "Java Build Path Problem",
What you need to know is how to include a JAR file in your Eclipse build path so that Eclipse can compile your code, but how to prevent Eclipse from packaging that JAR within your web application when you need to deploy it to the application server. Personally, I rarely use Eclipse to build or package my applications (I use Ant or Maven), so I can't tell you how to accomplish this (without first doing some research on this topic myself). Perhaps someone on the Eclipse forum will know. I'll cross-link you post to that forum.