I hope I am posting this question in the right section. I am new at all of this (Java).
My friends put 3 Chat Rooms on a newly created website for my students to chat (I think all 3 use Java) .
However, one, or all of them are causing Java problems. I see 3 different logs on my desktop when I go to the web site (with the 3 Chat Rooms on it) after testing the Chat Rooms
#1- What do I do now?
#2- Did these "screw-up" my computer or my Java (1.6.0_b03)?
#3- Can't we use the Chat Rooms any longer?
#4- Is there any way to tell which Chat Room is causing these Java problems?
#5- Does anyone know what is going on?
#6- Or is it simply a problem of Java not being able to run/work with one of the Chat Rooms?
#7- Is this really serious?
#8- I read a few threads on the Internet and most say they get the same "A fatal exception....etc." wording in the log that is posted on their desktop, but they just delete them. As I said, I have 3 logs and don't know if they are for one of the Chat Rooms or whether each of the 3 refer to each of the 3 Chat Rooms I put on my website. (I put 3 Chat Rooms so my students could use/test each one and decide on the best one.)
Did a check on our Java on the Internet and the test result says:
Your Java is working. Latest Java installed.
Java SE 6 update 26.
(We have WinXPsp3 and IE8.)
The reports look something like this:
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000, pid=2728, tid=2568
# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C 0x00000000
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
--------------- T H R E A D -------------
Current thread (0x02c2e800): JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=948, stack(0x03510000,0x03560000)]
siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000000
EAX=0x0407dd70, EBX=0x00000001, ECX=0x02b86dd0, EDX=0x00000004
ESP=0x0355fa00, EBP=0x0355fa2c, ESI=0x02c2e928, EDI=0x02b86dd0
Top of Stack: (sp=0x0355fa00)
0x0355fa00: 6d09cb90 0355fa94 6d09c650 00000000
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com