Today, I passed OCPJP with 61%. Wanted to share my experience although this is probably not the way to prepare for the exam and not the score that anyone would aim for.
- Registered for the exam on July 29 and started reading K&B SCJP 5 book.
- Read the chapters and wrote around 30 small programs to understand certain concepts.
- Did not spend much time on analyzing the trick questions at the end of each chapter.
- Googled Console and Navigable since they were not in SCJP 5 book.
- Scored less than 50% on the two K&B mock exams -- one on CD and one downloaded.
- Scored 50% on the 14-question assessment link provided by Bert Bates on this forum.
- Scored 47% on PearsonVue practice exam the day before the actual exam.
- Did not attempt any other mock exams.
- Decided to go ahead with the exam by focusing on the two-minute drills in K&B book.
Actual exam is quite different from the end-of-the-chapter questions in K&B book. I feel the K&B book does a good job of covering the exam objectives.