I've used a properly running example project (documentation) to create a simple JSF login page working with Spring Security on Tomcat 7 using Eclipse. The above example stores usernames, passwords and roles in applicationContext-security.xml in the following format:
I want to modify it so that I can use authentication database through JDBC. After making a simple modification, I am no longer able to access my project on the server (404) due to an error (Eclipse does not provide details, or maybe I don't know where to look). Could you please give me some suggestions on what might be going wrong? I'm not quite sure whether it is Spring or Eclipse/Tomcat issue... Thanks.
Below is a complete copy of my updated applicationContext-security.xml:
Joined: Aug 21, 2011
The problem is solved! I had to remove this:
As it created more than one instance of userDetailsService, which caused the error.
are both identical beans. However, while there are two UserDetailsService implementations as beans, the Authentication Manager will only use one of them. In my xml at a company I worked at, we had two UserDetailsService implementations as beans and it worked fine. Anyway….
Nice that your resolved it and I apologize that when I looked at your post the other day I didn't give it enough time to really look at it and find your issue for you quicker.