I am planning to write SCJP 1.6 in 10 days or so and have a few very basic (and probably silly to some of you ) doubts about SCJP 1.6 -
1) Now that oracle has taken over sun has the SCJP 1.6 exam format been changed ? If so what is the new format ?
2) I heard from a friend that Kathy Siera's book is enough to clear the exam. Is that so ? If yes, could you please tell me some websites where i can download the book from ?
3) Are ten days enough to prepare for SCJP 1.6 (i have a basic coding knowledge of java ) ? I am free the whole day since am on a vacation and can put in a good few hours every day !
4) Any suggestions/tips/links for passing the exam (and learning a bit of java too in the process ) will be highly appreciated !
Thanks in advance
P.S Love the website and it's an absolute joy to read articles !!! Am pretty new to it and whatever little i have seen of it has left me pretty impressed ! Keep up the good work !
P.P.S i love the sense of humour the website has ... had me grinning all the time !!
Joined: Jul 19, 2011
Are ten days enough to prepare for SCJP 1.6 (i have a basic coding knowledge of java ) ? I am free the whole day since am on a vacation and can put in a good few hours every day !
Uhm. The K & B book has about 850 pages. I knew some Java when I started reading that book but it takes me much longer to prepare. I have to read the book once, then revise, do lots and lots of coding and do several mock exams.
1) No the exam format has not changed.
2) The K&B book is not available for free download, you'll have to purchase it.
3) As John said, 10 days might not be enough even if you study for 10-12 hours a day. But that totally depends on your level of java knowledge.
4) Check the ScjpFaq for useful links to resources. The ScjpMockTests page contains links to different free and commercial mock exams...