Description Provide technical advice to the project team, including project managers, analysts and engineers. Responsible for requirements analysis and detailed design of various technical aspects such as software and network on a project basis. Accountable for bringing together different aspects of IT design and applying it in a relevant manner to the design of a product or service.
Key Responsibilities • Understand client requirements at a detailed level in order to translate them into technical specifications;
• Develop creative and innovative architectural designs for a complex module with minimal supervision;
• Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems;
• Work with project managers and peers to produce effort estimates;
• Assess requirements and make design recommendations;
• Produce models (integrated function, process dependency or entity relationship) that form the foundation for further analysis;
• Develop architecture designs which are well-thought out, reasonable and practical;
• Leverage established methodologies to produce results in a timely and predictable manner;
• Assess difficult requirements, processes them and forms innovative models to arrive at solutions to address these requirements.
Education & Qualifications • Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.) or sufficient work experience to demonstrate proficiency at this level.
Experience • 8+ years experience in an IT environment.
• 8+ years development experience in full life-cycle development
• Proficient in XML,JMS, Java and J2EE(EJB, JNDI, Servlet/JSP)
• Solid understanding of ESB and messaging technologies
• Other required key knowledge: Hibernate, SOA, Web Service, Spring Framework, HTML, UNIX shell
• 5+ years development experience in Oracle or other relational databases
• 3+ years in JBoss or WebLogic application server
• Project level leadership and Object Oriented design methodology experience
Knowledge & Skills • Working knowledge of resource estimation, internal administration and operational processes.
• Expertise in one solution portfolio area (networking, CRM, self-service, etc.).
• Knowledgeable about company architecture direction, methodologies, policies and practices.
• Knowledgeable on how components are connected and interact.
• Strong knowledge of standard engineering principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
• Strong understanding of system integration and hardware issues.
• Strong understanding of modeling methodologies such as UML.
• Strong understanding of requirements methodologies such as Use Cases.
• Reasonable awareness and understanding of industry drivers.
• Demonstrates a practical awareness of other architectures.
• Demonstrates analytical flexibility and versatility.
• Demonstrates core engineering competencies.
Qualified candidates, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format as well as your earliest date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
subject: Seeking full-time Java Architect in Atlanta, GA