the other day i finished refactoring an old java1 applet. i spent about a half hour fixing the cimpiler errors and a couple runtime problems but there is still one problem remaining and i cant seem to figure out what i did wrong. the new version has 4 classes. the problem must be in Farm.java or TextScroller.java since the DisplayArea works just fine. it displays the various images and plays the associated audio clips when clicked. the problem is the text scroller no longer appears. i appologize for posting so much code but i have no idea where exactly the problem is. if you can see the problem or have suggestions on how i can track it down i will be grateful.
ps. sorry about the bad copy and paste. i guess i should start using notepad instead of wordpad.
the original code that works in spite of its terrible design
Joined: Oct 21, 2000
i found the problem. i forgot to start the thread.