*
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes 8 lakhs/annum Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "8 lakhs/annum" Watch "8 lakhs/annum" New topic
Author

8 lakhs/annum

Harsha Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Posts: 287
is it possible for a person with 2.5 years of experience and SCJP+SCWCD to get 8 LPA job in hyderabad/Bangalore?

Very strong in core java

Strong in jsps & servlets

Struts 2.0

Spring with hibernate

Junit

My Sql
Maneesh Godbole
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Jul 26, 2007
Posts: 10175
    
    8

Anything is possible. I have seen people with zero technical skills minting money and really talented ones not doing that good. It would depend on how much you are able to impress your prospective employer and how critical their requirement is.

Going by pure maths, this might be a bit difficult. I think the general rule of the thumb is 1.6 times the experience would be the salary.


[How to ask questions] [Donate a pint, save a life!] [Onff-turn it on!]
Harsha Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Posts: 287
1.6 times the experience is too low...I don't think thats the average salary for a java developer in India
arulk pillai
Author
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 31, 2007
Posts: 3219
As suggested by Manish, anything is possible and it depends on the individual.


Java Interview Questions and Answers Blog | Amazon.com profile | Java Interview Books
Parag Pathak
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 57
Harsha Smith wrote:1.6 times the experience is too low...I don't think thats the average salary for a java developer in India

Certainly very low.
John Jai
Bartender

Joined: May 31, 2011
Posts: 1776
Maneesh Godbole wrote:I think the general rule of the thumb is 1.6 times the experience would be the salary.

This is right - at least in our team. you don't probably get paid 8 LP for 2+ experience in an Indian MNC (at least in Chennai!)
Harsha Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Posts: 287
so what is the min. and max. salary for a person with 2.5 years of exp?
John Jai
Bartender

Joined: May 31, 2011
Posts: 1776
Harsha - I said probably.. that doesn't mean you cant get... it depends on your skills... all the best...

but first prefer a good project that adds to your acclaiming technical skills.... good salary don't guarantee you good projects as well...
Parag Pathak
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 57
In India, salaries in other fields are increasing fast while salaries in IT are decreasing. I am not talking exceptions like if you have this skill you can get that salary. I am talking general. Other fields are attracting me a lot. I heard salary in Pharma, some HR heads, earning more than IT with less hard work. It may be grass always looks green at other side.
Harsha Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Posts: 287
is it possible for a person with 3 years of experience and SCJP+SCWCD to get 8 LPA job in hyderabad/Bangalore?
Seetharaman Venkatasamy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 28, 2008
Posts: 5575

Harsha Smith wrote: salary for a person with 2.5 years of exp?

in Bangalore, you can expect between 5 to 6!
Punit Jain
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Posts: 982
    
    2
i have read this whole conversation, Although i am doing MCA and i am going to make my carrier in java, can anyone suggest me, should i do something extra along with my mca??
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18553
    
  40

Maneesh Godbole wrote:
Going by pure maths, this might be a bit difficult. I think the general rule of the thumb is 1.6 times the experience would be the salary.


Regardless of whether 1.6 is the correct multiplier, out of interest, what is the range where this rule of thumb applies?

For example, this wouldn't make sense on the low range, regardless of the multiplier, as that would imply someone with two years makes twice as much as someone with one year of experience.

Henry


Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
Kevin Patel
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 21, 2007
Posts: 22
Parag Pathak wrote:In India, salaries in other fields are increasing fast while salaries in IT are decreasing. I am not talking exceptions like if you have this skill you can get that salary. I am talking general. Other fields are attracting me a lot. I heard salary in Pharma, some HR heads, earning more than IT with less hard work. It may be grass always looks green at other side.


I agree on this...IT, especially outsourcing model, seems to be losing the sheen of late in India because of huge demand/supply gap as a fallout of financial crisis...
 
jQuery in Action, 2nd edition
 
subject: 8 lakhs/annum
 
Similar Threads
Football 2010 Winner speculation
What is the next number
begger
when 400 mark will reach?
The Wicked -- a game