After 4 month of rigorous preparation I am glad to have passed the SCDJWS - 5.0 exam with a score of 83%.
This was my preparation:
1. Read relevant topics from RMH (Cant recall how many times but had to often turn the pages when in doubt)
2. Ivan Krizsan and Mikalai Zaikin study guides. Both are excellent resources and a must.
3. Practised from MZ's quiz to identify weak ares.
4. Basic Profile
5. Also read from: Java Web Services Up and Running as it has several example to try out.
Other points towards my preparation:
- I took a long time to prepare because I am someone who understands by practising so spent lots of time trying examples from Ivan's guide and from Java Web Services Up and Running.
- Ivan Krizsan's guide is wonderful and helped me prepare for topics which are not covered in RMH.
- MZ study guide is excellent as it helps in giving you in depth knowldge.
The real exam:
- Very tough
- Lot of real time scenario questions so it tests your knowldege
A big thank you goes out to all Ranchers who had the patience and skill to answer my questions. Some of the guys I would thank right away are:
Ivan Krizsan, MZ, Deriko Prata, Gabor Kovesdan, Ulf Dittmer (Sorry if I missed someone)
I am glad though that I am through it with a pretty decent score ..