This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
Senior Java Consultant To Establish New Software Environment - Boulder CO
MDA in Boulder, Colorado is building new Java applications for Remote Sensing Satellite ground stations. We are currently in the analysis phase and are ready to begin the development phase as soon as possible. We've recently decided to develop the components in Java and now need a very experienced Java engineer/architect to help deliver these applications.
Our challenge is this. We are to build new system components and to have these components ready for integration by the end of the year. We've decided to use Java in order to take advantage of existing software architecture used in adjacent system components. We have existing staff that is only familiar with C++, so this person will also be responsible for helping bring existing staff up to speed with Java.
* Recommend and set up Java software tools: IDE, JUnit, Ant, etc.
* Mentor team staff in standard Java design and implementation practices
* Participate in the design and development of the application software
* Prepare the team to continue without assistance of the consultant
* 8 or more years Java software development
* Experience setting up new Java projects and configuring productivity tools: Eclipse, JUnit, and Ant
* Experience with Swing UI and socket-level interprocess communication in Java
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be a US citizen
Please contact Dan Higgins (Dan.Higgins at mdaus dot com)