Hello everyone. I'm having trouble installing the new JDK 3.0 ME from Oracle's website. It features an extensive log of errors (so impractical to place here). I am posting the last lines of the log so that if anyone knows what happens, you can help me. The history is as follows:
- After install, appears in the corner near the clock (Windows x64 7) a device manager that I can not access (to be dimmed).
- After the NetBeans 6.9.1 can not start any application for Java ME, asks to select or install the platform and gives errors when selecting the folder.
- In an attempt to reinstall the log the following:
I just wanted to comment on this because I had the same problem now with Netbeans 7.1.1 and the latest Java ME SDK 3.0.3. My solution was to:
1. Uninstall both. Do backups of any important files/projects and tell the uninstaller to uninstall everything. Forget Java ME SDK. It no longer comes with its own GUI now, it just integrates with Netbeans.
2. Download the Netbeans version with Java ME support marked down, the everything "ALL" version.
3. Install that full bundle of netbeans and use that. I think the "All" version of netbeans might use parts of Java ME's SDK for its mobile support. At least it comes bundled with the same phone emulators.
By the way, I have also read on searches around the internet that there is a bug regarding Netbeans and the Java ME SDK when netbeans doesn't have Java EE installed. So you definitely need the full/everything install of Netbeans. Don't take the chance of getting a broken install by installing ME or EE plugins after installing a smaller bundle of netbeans.
Walter Gabrielsen Iii
Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Arg, actually although I've reduced the errors by only using Netbeans, I am still getting some errors. There must be something terribly wrong in the latest version of either Netbeans' mobility plug-in or the underpinnings of Netbean's Java ME's SDK. I don't know who is responsible for fixing this though, to file a bug report, the Java SDK group or the Netbeans Group.
subject: how to install the new JDKME 3.0 from oracle.com