This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Rupi Kaur wrote:Yes i ran the commands in the order specified in that link. No, the rmic command specified did not work.i
Can you double check that you ran every single command listed and in the order listed? I double checked myself and the commands work for me. If they still don't work, then post up the commands and outputs as I have done below.
Here is my set up before I ran the commands:
Here are the commands I ran, as listed on the thread, and as you can see they all ran successfully:
Your problem is with your classpath. If you don't set the classpath then the directory that you execute the command from will be searched for your file. If you do set the classpath the directory you execute the command from will not be searched, instead the classpath specified will be searched.
Super! Glad you got it working. Maybe update the thread with the problem in your set-up and the solution in case someone else stumbles upon this problem in the future, it may be of help to them?
Joined: Mar 19, 2009
Hi all, the summary of my problem with solution is:
I was trying to run the steps to execute the application 'Denny's DVDs'.
While running the command ''rmic sampleproject.remote.DvdDatabaseImpl", I was getting the Error "Class sampleproject.remote.DvdDatabaseImpl not found ".
DvdDatabaseImpl.class was existing as required. But, the problem was that the Classpath was set and " If you do set the classpath the directory you execute the command from will not be searched, instead the classpath specified will be searched.If you don't set the classpath then the directory that you execute the command from will be searched for your file. "
So I remove the classpath setting and ran the command again. It worked !