This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I am trying to get an app deployed by today into production. I noticed last night that when I promoted up to the tomcat server, the object that I stored into session was not found. Everything seems to work fine on my local tomcat installation, but once I goto server, it is as if its not being held.
For example, I have a form that the user fills out. I check the fields and if there is an error, I store a quick flag, and then redirect to another servlet.
In the other servlet, I am saying:
What happens is if the flag is true, I put up an error message that there is a problem. At the end of the servlet, I state this to clear things out:
Everything works fine on the local tomcat system, but doesn't appear working correctly on a hosted server provider that has me in shared environment.