This position will be working on next generation electronic health records for a federal client. Interested applicants should apply on-line through The New School's website.
The Parsons Institute for Information Mapping (PIIM) is a one-of-a-kind research, development, and professional services facility within The New School leveraging Knowledge Visualization to solve real-world problems. We are a team of engineers, designers, data visualization experts, and usability professionals who develop interactive, innovative and truly unique enterprise-quality technology products for a wide variety of customers. Our focus is to provide organizations novel and custom-built technologies that leverage top-quality design and engineering. We develop custom solutions using industry-standard methods.
PIIM is a truly unique, corporate-focused entity in a university environment. Our technologies are used by major organizations, our work is highly visible and well-regarded and we continuously advance the state-of-the-art on every project. We bring together the best opportunities of the corporate world with the benefits of an academic institution.
The application developer will work on a software development project and guide the conversion of a VBS and .NET-based healthcare application to a new UI-centric RESTful web service using Java Portlet Specification 2.0. The application developer will fully support the program managers to achieve the project goals. Additional responsibilities are to support other project development teams, usability consultants, documentation, and operational groups.
- Guide software projects from requirement definition through design, implementation and maintenance
- Complete a development project already initiated
- Follow project scope, assigned resources and development schedules
- Excellent leadership skills and a minimum of 5 years experience guiding software projects through the development cycle
- Software engineering principles and solid development experience, preferably architecting web service UI-Centric solutions
- Ability to express technical ideas and concepts
- Experience developing User Interfaces for healthcare software or other scientific domains
- Experience with Java Portlet Specification V.2 based development
- Experience with .NET based development
- Experience with RESTful web service development, JSON and LAMP programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle technology, architecture and design development
- Ability to lead requirements analysis, specification writing, system architecture and design, high level design, detailed design, coding, testing, debugging, integration and documentation
- Perform product test, subsystem test, and integration test to ensure correct operation and quality
- Estimate work effort and resources necessary to complete product schedule. Ensure that software is delivered on schedule
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Required Technical Skills:
RESTful Web Services and Programming, Java Portlet Specification V.2, JSON, LAMP, XML, VBS and .Net Architecture, C#, UI-Centric, SQL Knowledge, Technical Lead and Support, EMR, HL7, Healthcare, SOA
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Solid technical knowledge of software engineering in product development
- HL7 knowledge
- Familiarity with supporting healthcare, medical applications and medical devices
- In-depth knowledge of web services
- SQL Servers (Open Source and Oracle)
Job Family: Information Technology
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applications should include a resume, cover letter, and salary history. Applications without these three items will not be accepted. Applicants may be asked to provide up to 3 references. Applicants will be required to complete at least one phone interview and in-person interview. Recruiters and recruiting firms submitting resumes will not be accepted.