I am currently looking for an ideal candidate for a GIT Engineer/Administrator role. If anybody's interested, I would be more than happy to discuss more about the position. This full-time position is based in Santa Clara, CA.
The position will be responsible for the Git software and related systems as well as have some physical server hardware virtual servers (VMs) and OS (Linux) responsibility. The position will work collaboratively with engineers and engineering management in both the software and hardware teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage and administer multiple instances of Git, including the physical server hardware and operating environment
* Install and configure server software, as well as necessary proxies, mirrors and other peripheral software
* Develop server-side scripts as well as other glue software to customize Git and tie in with other tools such as code review tools, defect tracking, build management, etc.
* Define and execute the database backup process while maximizing system availability
* Manage licenses, user accounts, and client software installation
* Analyze and optimize performance of server based on user needs
* Troubleshoot and resolve any problems with Git servers
* Help to educate engineering community on appropriate and efficient use of Git
* Serve as consultant for company-wide configuration management processes and tools
* Monitor servers and track usage to assist with capacity planning
* Must work well in a customer service type of role
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/work experience
* 4+ years experience as a Git admin or 6+ years of experience with another SCM tool
* Deep understanding of software configuration management (SCM) processes and tools for large, multi-site development.
* Extensive experience with SCM tools such as Git (mandatory) and Perforce (optional). Knowledge of other SCM tools (SVN, CVS, etc.) helpful.
* Experience with administering Linux (Ubuntu, SLES 10/11 and CentOS preferred).
* Knowledge of high performance and reliable storage arrays; namely SAN and NAS concepts.
* Understanding of software development processes, and some software development experience, preferably with knowledge of:
* Unix shell programming
* Perl/Perl CGI programming
* Other scripting languages such as Python and TCL
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.