This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I checked certview. and It shows that I have FAIL status on the assignment part. I scored 112.
Seems that, I lost points in several sections, mainly the Deployment diagram (to my surprise). I received scores by section and even comments on whats missing and why points were lost.
I have few questions and I am hoping to get help from you guys:
1. The instructions says that I have to resubmit withen 30 days from receiving the failure notification. Should I wait till I get an email confirming my failure or shall I go ahead and resubmit ?
2. Do I have to fix all the notes mentioned by the examiner or is it enough to do fixes that will make me pass (i.e. if i fix my deployment diagram, I will definitely get more than two points which will make me pass the exam)?
3. If - god forbids - I fail again, does it mean that I have to restart the whole process? even part 1???
1. Write a mail to oracle and meantime start working on improving your solution.
2. I think for better score and safer side, you could address all the points provided by the examiner.
3. By Gods grace you will clear if you rectify your solution. Candidates who had taken exam before August 27th get 30 days grace period and submit their assignment. If they didn't succeed the second time, they can resubmit but even if you pass, the certification will be awarded only if mandatory training is taken.