Our application was working fine with Oracle iPlanet 6.0 version.Now as we have upgraded our application to new Oracle iPlanet Web server 7.0.9, almost all the application are working except for one functionality which does a password reset. This piece of functionality is using JNI in java code. The password reset functionality is using native library file.
When the webapp is deployed on Oracle iPlanet Web Server 7.0.9, running on Solaris 10 in a 64bit environment, one element of the webapp is not working.
we were using libNSServletPlugin.so file in magnus.conf@iplanet 6.0 to call Netscape API for our application.Where as in new magnus.conf@iplanet 7.0 has the library libJ2eePlugin.so.
So we are currently facing problem while invoking Netscape API from our application.
After some debugging we have narrowed down our application problem to a simple client application.
We have made some debugging and analysis and found some observation which I want to put into your notice
#### Steps of Analysis ####
1) We stopped both iPlanet 6.0/7.0 version and the Netscape server
2) We are not using any webservice calls from the iPlanet
3) We have made one sample Test Java application which directly calls to Transact API made in C++ through JNI
4) We have noticed that the Test Java application is working with reference to JRE ( usr/iplanet/servers/bin/https/jre)
5) Below is the output(success) while running the test application with JRE ( usr/iplanet/servers/bin/https/jre) i.e JRE 1.2.2 version
java version "1.6.0_20"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode)
IsAlive.txIsAlive: Entered CTxCommand base class constructor
Leaving CTxCommand base class constructor
Run-time exception error; current exception: RWSockErr
No handler for exception.
txclient.sh_iplanet6: 16858 Abort(coredump)