This week's book giveaway is in the Java in General forum. We're giving away four copies of Think Java: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist and have Allen B. Downey & Chris Mayfield on-line! See this thread for details.
Getting "java.io.EOFException" after sending a file through socket
posted 4 years ago
I'm trying to implement basic communication through sockets, what I have now is:
- server start's to listen on socket,
- client connects, and server starts separate thread to operate with that client,
- both open Object output and input streams,
- client sends two i Doubles, String and Long over that stream (flushes after each one),
- server succesfully receives those objects over previously opened streams,
and now "the hard part",
- clients wants to send a file so opens different output stream (not object output stream) and sends the file,
- the server receives the file (also uses simple input stream instead ObjectInputStream),
- so far everything works fine, file is received, but now server performs some time consuming processing on that file after which sends response with whe results to client,
- the client is supposed to receive the result what finishes the whole communication,
Unfortunately, that last step on client side fails with exception:
I want client to block on waiting for server response after sending the file, but it suddenly finishes with the exception after sending the file. I am pretty sure that I do something wrong with switching between simple streams and Object streams.
Does anybody know what should I change to haave it working?