I took SCEA Part II & III but failed Assignment part by 4 marks.
I got below mentioned comments.
1) Class Diagram Incomplete - Could anyone tell me exactly what all details we need to mention in the class diagram. I have removed business domain model classes like separate product classes and created one general class. as per other post this might be one of the reasons. please confirm. Also I have not included any controller or EJB or DAO classes. I have added them in component diagrams though. So should i include this type of classes also in Class Diagram?
2) Component Diagram - Confusing depiction & Some interfaces have been wrongly defined.
- I have only used dependency arrows in whole Component diagram and not used socket - bubble interface types. Can this be a reason for above mentioned comment. I have clearly mentioned all the components in separate layers. Also i am not using dao for communication with external system and got comment that DAO should be used for external system communication.
3) Sequence diagram - More details required for a few class diagram
- Please tell me how to show that one sequence diagram calls other sequence diagram. Because in my case i have to show that one sequence diagram calls other one to complete the mentioned use case.
Please clarify my above mentioned doubts so that i can resubmit my assignment asap.
1) It sounds like you removed all the relevant classes, I'm not sure what would be left! I included EJBs, controllers, DAOs (to external systems not database), and the full domain model given in the assignment as well as all the JSP/JSF components (single controller for all).
2) Again, I used DAOs for external communication
3) I treated each use case as a seperate stand alone diagram, some parts are repeated on multiple diagrams.
1) I did the same that Jigar in the Class diagram; I use a generic class to represent a group of classes of the domain model. I think this approach is ok, because the system will grow up, and I don't want to add new classes and make a new deployment when a new "Type" of "Something" is added.
Am I right? or is the intention of this Class diagram to represent exactly the same entities as in the "Domain Model" provided, but with attributes and navigation specified?
2. If I made a class diagram framework agnostic, as suggested in Cade & Sheil book, the sequence and component diagram should be also framework agnostic? would be better to specify the frameworks I will use in these diagrams?
Please, give me your oppinions, I have to send my resubmition and not so much time left.
jigar solanki wrote:
Also I have not included any controller or EJB or DAO classes. I have added them in component diagrams though. So should i include this type of classes also in Class Diagram?
The only class that was not included in my class Diagram, but was present in my Component diagram was the EntityManager (JPA). All other classes were included. In the component diagram, there is no information about the methods. The only place you can show them is the class diagram. Also, whatever methods you refer in the sequence diagrams should be shown in the class diagram. That will also be a disconnect if not shown.
I have to do a resubmition too. And I want to know if you are using a methodology to estimate the hardware resources that you need. I'm a little confused about what they expect to view in the Deployment diagram.