Bross Group is seeking a Senior Java Developer for one of our clients in Louisville, Colorado. This is a 3 month contract-to-hire position.
The ideal candidate will utilize substantial hands-on experience to build highly available multi-threaded java applications.
Will possess strong knowledge of multi-threaded web applications, queuing, and database development, with the ability to own and drive the development of a solution to completion, with a high level of quality.
Collaboration with other Software Engineers and Quality Assurance will be required to design, develop, and test applications in our Agile/Scrum environment. Must be able to propose, design, and communicate solutions to business problems requiring development across multiple applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzes, designs, implements, and tests Java-based back end message driven systems
• Contributes to project document reviews, and design/code reviews.
• Generates supporting unit tests.
• Develops scripts to generate automated deployment of developed solutions.
• Develops implementation and troubleshooting guides.
• Interacts with product management to clarify requirements.
• Works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Provides occasional production support.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree, or a combination of education and related experience.
• 8+ years of professional Java development experience.
• 8+ years of experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications.
• 8+ years of experience in object-oriented design methodology.
• Experience with custom threading models & analyzing thread dumps
• Experience with multiple object oriented design patterns • Experience with enterprise integrations
• Experience with high availability message driven system
• Experience with database application development.
• Experience with Application Server development, preferably Tomcat.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Previous UNIX experience.