I'm currently using Weblogic 8.1 sp6 as my back end server and Apache web server 2.0.64 as my front end server. I try to configure the SSL connection between Weblogic application server and apache web server but it didn't work and i can't figure out what is the problems. Belows are the changes i done in my httpd.conf file:
and this is my log files:
Can anyone tell me what is the wrong and how to fix it? Please!!! Thanks a lot~
Can you try the below approach? As I can see there seems to be a issue with the Trusted certificate validation
1) Please try to access the resource(/secureWebAuth) directly on HTTPS port without Apache.
2) In the browser, you will find a paddle lock, double click on it and then save the file in a base 64 bit encoded format and save as .pem extension
3) FTP that .pem file to the box where Apache is running and do the necessary changes in the HTTPD.conf such that it reflects the new pem file.
4) Restart Apache
5) See the behavior
6) Update the results
Joined: Nov 02, 2011
Thanks!!! Robin!!! It works!!! However this configuration is using self-signed cert right?
I wonder what did i do wrong for the configuration when using the CA certificate from the Verisign?
Here is my step to setup the SSL connection:
1. Create a keystore( SSLkey.jks ) for weblogic use.
2. Create a certificate signing request(certreq.pem) and sent to the trusted certificate authority.
3. Download Root CA(rootca.cer) and signed certificate(supportcert.pem) from certificate authority.
4. Import rootca.cer into a custom trust key store(supporttrust.jks).
5. Configure the Weblogic console -> keystores and ssl -> Custom identity and custom trust.
6. use SSLkey.jks as custom identity keystore and supporttrust as custom trust keystore.
7. Extract the trusted CA file from supporttrust.jks to trustedcafile.der
8. Convert trustedcafile.der into trustedcafile.pem
9. Copy trustedcafile.pem into apache folder
10. Configure httpd.conf in apache
LoadModule weblogic_module modules/mod_wl_20.so
Notes: replace [ to <
[ Location /secureWebAuth]