To help you out with your deployment diagram issues.
These are the items I've addressed, related a deployment diagram, to clear my SCEA exam with 98%
Hopefully these guidelines will provide some food for thought while your writing your exam.
Give a decent guesstimate of hardware configuration and explain :
* Resources: CPU, memory, network and disk
* why I need such RAID here and another there and
* why here is to be more memory than there.
This is possible because the exam specifies the no. of concurrent users,
the required up time or words to that effect. The size of a typical request can
be reasonably guessed from the estimated maximum size of the web page in the application .
I don't think they hold it against you for naming a specific vendor as far as you are
able to justify the hardware specifications. Note marks are added if hardware configurations are mentioned.
Also address items like :
* Resilience, fail-over, redundancy characteristics can also be planned and designed for.
* Upgrading Applications Without Loss of Availability can be addressed
* Consider inter-tier security
* Consider using a firewall
* Describe network protocols used
* Describe network connectivity expected
* Define hardware profiles A, B and C in English text
* For database-centric applications, describe appropriate RAID / storage configuration*
* Consider virtualization
* Consider and provide other environments (QA, UAT, pre production)
* Continually review the SLAs for this section
Furthemore I've used a deployment diagram to provide a clear view on the layout
of the components on the web - and application servers.
For this purpose you can use the componts as defined in your component diagram.
And a network diagram to provide a layout of the used servers in a datacenter. And last but not least.
I've mentioned how failover and loadbalancing is organized geographically in case a datacenter fails.
Probably not all items are required if you just want to pass your exam.
But it doesn't harm you, to at least consider them, during your exam and at work.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: SCEA Assignment - Items to address as part your deployment diagram