I have modified a webservice and I successfully build it into a war that I have deployed localy on my tomcat 7.
I then chose to uncompress the war file with winzip to a set of directories and files:
with filezilla I ftped (or rather sftped) it to a HP UX machine running WebLogic (10.0.1.0).
I lock & edit the console
I install the new directory into a new application.
I activate changes
I start the application to service all requests.
and bang !
class: com.entreprise.application.ws.jaxws.Check could not be found
I checked in the directory
I looked at the logs to see if there's anything more:
I am pretty sure I did something wrong and pretty obvious but just can't find it !
Thanks for your interest in my post.
Weblogic is running on a HP-UX.
I believe I know the main cause... (but don't know how to fix it)
on the server there's an older installation of the WS. Between the two version, function Check has not changed, so what I did is:
1) Copy the "working" directory into a new one
2) install this new deployement into WebLogic
3) start it : it works
4) stop service
5) delete service (from weblogic)
6) in my deployment directory, I removed the "old" version of Check.class and copied the new version
7) back to WL console, install the deployement
8) start => bang! class: com.entreprise.application.ws.jaxws.Check could not be found
I studied the two Check.class files: they are slighty different:
working: 598 bytes
non working 521 bytes
I did a compare with winmerge and there's one interesting difference:
the working one on the first "line" has com/hp/glis/ws/jaxws/Check;
the non working one has not this information...
I guess this is the reason for the crash but why ?