This week's book giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Head First Android and have Dawn & David Griffiths on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes IDEs, Version Control and other tools and the fly likes How to run RMI in NetBeans? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Head First Android this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Engineering » IDEs, Version Control and other tools
Bookmark "How to run RMI in NetBeans?" Watch "How to run RMI in NetBeans?" New topic
Author

How to run RMI in NetBeans?

Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 506

Hi,

I just want to know how to run RMI programs in NetBeans. I went through several articles but nothing helped because most of they are related to the older versions, but I am using 7.0.1. Does Netbeans automatically create RMIREGISTRY? Please help. I really want to run them in NetBeans. Thanks


Are you better than me? Then please show me my mistakes..
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 506

Please help
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 506

No One?
Haina Minawa
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Posts: 119
Yohan Weerasinghe wrote:Hi,

I just want to know how to run RMI programs in NetBeans. I went through several articles but nothing helped because most of they are related to the older versions, but I am using 7.0.1. Does Netbeans automatically create RMIREGISTRY? Please help. I really want to run them in NetBeans. Thanks


Running RMI programs does not depend on a particular IDE. It involves two steps:
- Run the server application which creates the RMI registry.
- Run the client application.
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 506

Haina Minawa wrote:
Yohan Weerasinghe wrote:Hi,

I just want to know how to run RMI programs in NetBeans. I went through several articles but nothing helped because most of they are related to the older versions, but I am using 7.0.1. Does Netbeans automatically create RMIREGISTRY? Please help. I really want to run them in NetBeans. Thanks


Running RMI programs does not depend on a particular IDE. It involves two steps:
- Run the server application which creates the RMI registry.
- Run the client application.


Thanks a lot for the reply. I waited for a long time for an answer. I create RMI registry using command prompt. What I do is typing "start rmiregistry" command there. How to create a RMI registry using code?
Haina Minawa
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Posts: 119
Yohan Weerasinghe wrote:

Thanks a lot for the reply. I waited for a long time for an answer. I create RMI registry using command prompt. What I do is typing "start rmiregistry" command there. How to create a RMI registry using code?


It is pretty simple:

Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 506

Haina Minawa wrote:
Yohan Weerasinghe wrote:

Thanks a lot for the reply. I waited for a long time for an answer. I create RMI registry using command prompt. What I do is typing "start rmiregistry" command there. How to create a RMI registry using code?


It is pretty simple:



Thanks a lot to you. I will check this and will comment back.
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 506

I just checked the code.. It worked perfectly... Thanks a lot!
 
With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
 
subject: How to run RMI in NetBeans?
 
It's not a secret anymore!