jQuery in Action, 2nd edition*
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes Is Self Study CD-ROM OK for SCEA Training Part? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "Is Self Study CD-ROM OK for SCEA Training Part?" Watch "Is Self Study CD-ROM OK for SCEA Training Part?" New topic
Author

Is Self Study CD-ROM OK for SCEA Training Part?

Lin Cao
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 22, 2011
Posts: 7
I've bought Self Study CD-ROM (not in Classroom Training and Online Training) when I prepared SCJP. Since I see that the first condition of SCEA needs online or in-class training. I don't know if it is available for self study CD-ROM. So I want to know if I can use previous Self Study CD-ROM for the training condition of SCEA. Thank you!


SCJP: 93%, SCWCD: 97%
Jeanne Boyarsky
internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 30537
    
150

No. Self study courses do not count towards the training requirement.


[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2
Lin Cao
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 22, 2011
Posts: 7
Oh! No~~ Thank you!
Milton Ochoa
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 23, 2007
Posts: 336

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:No. Self study courses do not count towards the training requirement.


I have doub, becaus in the page, exist another options...
Jeanne Boyarsky
internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 30537
    
150

Milton Ochoa wrote:
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:No. Self study courses do not count towards the training requirement.


I have doub, becaus in the page, exist another options...

This page says online or instructor led. Where do you see that a self study CD is ok?
Milton Ochoa
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 23, 2007
Posts: 336

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:
Milton Ochoa wrote:
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:No. Self study courses do not count towards the training requirement.


I have doub, becaus in the page, exist another options...

This page says online or instructor led. Where do you see that a self study CD is ok?


You al right :-( is a lot of money
Ranganathan Kaliyur Mannar
Bartender

Joined: Oct 16, 2003
Posts: 1083
    
  10

But there is an online option available - I would think the online option is self-study...


Ranga.
SCJP 1.4, OCMJEA/SCEA 5.0.
Jeanne Boyarsky
internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 30537
    
150

It's not. It is instructor led online.
guru prasanth
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 96
http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=245&p_org_id=1080544&lang=US#2
Candidates must complete one of the online or in class instructor led courses below to obtain this certification.

Milton Ochoa
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 23, 2007
Posts: 336

guru prasanth wrote:http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=245&p_org_id=1080544&lang=US#2
Candidates must complete one of the online or in class instructor led courses below to obtain this certification.



Can you tell me please:
which course is the cheapest?
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Is Self Study CD-ROM OK for SCEA Training Part?