The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.3 has been released. It includes saving XLS and XLSX files in Light Cells mode using LightCellsDataProvider. This gives users better performance for bigger files and improved the Excel to PDF conversion feature. This release also provides solution for clash between Aspose.Cells for Java and other JARs it was using (specifically woodstoxs-core and webservices-rt). Moreover a new method is also added for getting a list of colors for different objects used in a worksheet. This release includes plenty of improved features as listed below
- Support LightCellsDataProvider for saving XLS file
- Enhancements are made for Excel-to-PDF feature
- Include a useful method: PivotField.getBaseIndex()
- Make library compatible with webservices-rt.jar
- Support to get all colors that are used by different objects in the Workbook
- Cell value with character '"' and ',' now save correctly for CSV file
- Enhanced Saving PDF feature
- Currency symbol lost issue is fixed
- Text orientation changing for merged cells in the generated PDF file is fixed.
- Saved Pivot Table causes MS Excel give error
- Inserting rows cause merged cells broken
- Symbols of Auto-filter were duplicated and became larger when re-saving XLS file
- Gridlines were not shown in the generated image for a sheet
- Saved XLS file causes MS Excel give warning messages is fixed
- Cell loses format after deleting rows is fixed.
- DateTime values are read as double format
- Exception “Invalid password” is fixed when reading XLSX template file
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.