A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
IDEs, Version Control and other tools
Installing WindowBuilder in Eclipse Java EE Indigo
Joined: Nov 20, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 16:19:15
I would like to install WindowBuilder in Eclipse Java EE for Web, Indigo SR1.
Unfortunately, I am an idiot and tend to do things in the least efficient, most irrational way possibly conceivable.
This characteristic has led me to the options depicted in the attached image, encountered within Eclipse.
- Can I choose WindowBuilder Core and get the whole shebang? (Are all of the other WindowBuilder downloads in the list included in the WindowBuilder Core, or are they in addition to it?)
- Is there a point to selecting all the WindowBuilder options and installing all of them?
- Are some of these WindowBuilder downloads for very special purposes not generally relevant to the vast majority of application developers?
Thank you for your patience.
WindowBuilder Eclipse (plethora of possibilities...)
Joined: May 14, 2008
Nov 29, 2011 12:23:53
I'll assume that you numbered your bullets...
1) Selecting Core gets only Core. You should check every one that you need. If you don't know which ones you need, check all of them.
2) Yes, to get all of the tools. But then, it depends on whether you need all of them.
3) You would have to read the WindowsBuilder documentation to figure that out.
JBoss In Action
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: Installing WindowBuilder in Eclipse Java EE Indigo
Regarding Dynamic Web Project creation
IDE for Java
how to create servlet with eclipse IDE
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2013