GeeCON Prague 2014*
The moose likes Certification Results and the fly likes Passed OCPJP 6 - 100% Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Certification Results
Bookmark "Passed OCPJP 6 - 100%" Watch "Passed OCPJP 6 - 100%" New topic
Author

Passed OCPJP 6 - 100%

Vikas Sheoran
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 11, 2010
Posts: 4

Hello All,
I had my OCPJP 6 exam today and passed with 100% ...
This is probably my second post here, but i am a regular visitor of this wonderful java community website.
I read a lots of success stories and guidelines here by those ranchers who have passed this exam and those were really really helpful.

2.5 month preparation, read K&B couple of times ... what an amazing book it is. Did all the mocks from "OCP Java SE6 Programmer Practice Exams" book, ExamLab test simulator and some online mocks. I wasn't scoring very well initially but i kept doing a lots of code and started understanding the concepts much better... if you want to pass this exam... start writing code as much as possible.

Real exam questions were easy compared to Mocks, and ExamLab simulator..... and thats what Practice Exam book and ExamLab simulator do, they will prepare you to that level where you will start seeing every question so easy.
Thanks to all who manage this website and who shared their stories and preparation experience here...

From here, i want to go for SCWCD 6. Can someone please share some experience/guidance on it..
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 23, 2000
Posts: 3305
    
    7
Wow..great score! Congratulations!!!


Enthuware - Best Mock Exams and Questions for Oracle/Sun Java Certifications
Quality Guaranteed - Pass or Full Refund!
Ulas Kainssoenn
Greenhorn

Joined: Nov 14, 2011
Posts: 10

congratz well done


OCPJP 6 86%
arulk pillai
Author
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 31, 2007
Posts: 3220
Congrats and keep up the good work


Java Interview Questions and Answers Blog | Amazon.com profile | Java Interview Books
Wu Wen
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 14, 2011
Posts: 27
Congratulations!

I have a question about the exam, the practice given in K&B book doesn't tell you how many options are correct in each question.
But in the mock tests I found on line normally tell you how many options you should choose. How does it looks in real exam?

Thanks
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9398
    
    2

Congrats!


SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4 - Hints for you, Certified Scrum Master
Did a rm -R / to find out that I lost my entire Linux installation!
Vikas Sheoran
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 11, 2010
Posts: 4

Wu Wen wrote:Congratulations!

I have a question about the exam, the practice given in K&B book doesn't tell you how many options are correct in each question.
But in the mock tests I found on line normally tell you how many options you should choose. How does it looks in real exam?

Thanks


Thanks Wu Wen,
Well real exam questions will tell you specifically how many correct question are there you can choose. Most often the questions which has only one answer will display its answers with radio button that means you can choose only one but the questions which has multiple answers have check boxes against their answers so that means you can choose more than one, but you have to read the question carefully if it is asking you to choose multiple answers or not.
K&B practice exam questions try to make it a habit for you to read question and all the answers carefully, thats why most of the questions as you "choose all that apply".
Best of Luck!
Juan Diaz
Greenhorn

Joined: Dec 14, 2011
Posts: 1
Congratulations!!!
I'm studying for the OCJP exam. I'm stuck in collections because they have a lot of methods and I wonder if I have to memorize all methods or only some of them for the exam.
any advise please about collections?
Thanks
Vikas Sheoran
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 11, 2010
Posts: 4

Juan Diaz wrote:Congratulations!!!
I'm studying for the OCJP exam. I'm stuck in collections because they have a lot of methods and I wonder if I have to memorize all methods or only some of them for the exam.
any advise please about collections?
Thanks

Thanks Juan,
If you just want to pass the exam then yes you have to memorize all of them which are mentioned in K&B book. The best way to remember them is to make a photocopy of those pages which describes the APIs and stick them on the wall or on your desk or where ever you want so that you can see them and read them 2-3 times a day, that will help in memorizing those API.
But, more than just to memorize those API, i will recommend to take each one of them and do some code, mix multiple of them in a same program and see your results. knowing APIs behavior is also important just to remember them.
Good Luck!
Srinivas Doppalapudi
Greenhorn

Joined: Dec 18, 2011
Posts: 4

Hi Vikas,

Congratulations on clearing SCJP with 100%. Thats really awesome score.

Thanks for your guidelines for the future aspirants of SCJP. And All the Best for SCWCD.

vikram singh naruka
Greenhorn

Joined: Apr 27, 2012
Posts: 2
hello vikas.. congrats.. i want to give ocpjp 6 .i hav just started my preparation. bought k&b . i want to know is k&b sufficient for clearing ocpjp ? and is there any difference in xams taken by sun and oracle ? pattern and qstn types are same or diff ?? thank you
Kancharla Madhu
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 06, 2012
Posts: 109

Congrats!! Superb Score.


Champions arenĀ“t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a DESIRE, a DREAM, a VISION
Antraa Sethi
Greenhorn

Joined: Apr 13, 2012
Posts: 19
Congratulations Vikas....Great Job.
Which book should I refer to prepare for java EE 5 Web Component developer exam?
Anybody please...
There are many I can see, but not sure which one to choose.
Thanks in Advance
Ilakya Mukunth
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Posts: 57
Vikas Sheoran wrote:Hello All,
I had my OCPJP 6 exam today and passed with 100% ...
This is probably my second post here, but i am a regular visitor of this wonderful java community website.
I read a lots of success stories and guidelines here by those ranchers who have passed this exam and those were really really helpful.

2.5 month preparation, read K&B couple of times ... what an amazing book it is. Did all the mocks from "OCP Java SE6 Programmer Practice Exams" book, ExamLab test simulator and some online mocks. I wasn't scoring very well initially but i kept doing a lots of code and started understanding the concepts much better... if you want to pass this exam... start writing code as much as possible.

Real exam questions were easy compared to Mocks, and ExamLab simulator..... and thats what Practice Exam book and ExamLab simulator do, they will prepare you to that level where you will start seeing every question so easy.
Thanks to all who manage this website and who shared their stories and preparation experience here...

From here, i want to go for SCWCD 6. Can someone please share some experience/guidance on it..


Hi,

Can you tell me the free (chapter wise) mock exam websites otehr than those found in the javaranch website. I found few of them are not working and few are for the older versions.
Appreciate the early response. Thanks in advance
koilraj abraham
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 533
    
    2
Hello Ilakya Mukunth,

You can find chapter wise mock exams at epractizelabs website for all java certification.


Abraham
EPractize Labs Training Labs => OCMJEA 6 | OCAJP | OCPJP | OCEJWSD | OCEEJBD | OCEJPAD | OCEJWCD
Ilakya Mukunth
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Posts: 57
koilraj abraham wrote:Hello Ilakya Mukunth,

You can find chapter wise mock exams at epractizelabs website for all java certification.


Thanks for the quick update. Will it be possible to suggest any free mock exams online?
koilraj abraham
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 533
    
    2
Hello,

you can find free mock exams at https://www.coderanch.com/how-to/java/ScjpMockTests
Ilakya Mukunth
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Posts: 57
koilraj abraham wrote:Hello,

you can find free mock exams at https://www.coderanch.com/how-to/java/ScjpMockTests


I am using this link. But many of them are outdated and few of the links are not working. I am preparing for OCPJP 6. Can you help me by showing good links for online mock test.
Ilakya Mukunth
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Posts: 57
koilraj abraham wrote:Hello Ilakya Mukunth,

You can find chapter wise mock exams at epractizelabs website for all java certification.

Thanks abraham. I downloaded it. But i am using mac book pro. I am unable to install this exe. Can you suggest me something else?
Kancharla Madhu
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 06, 2012
Posts: 109

Congratulations!...
koilraj abraham
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 533
    
    2
Ilakya Mukunth wrote:
koilraj abraham wrote:Hello Ilakya Mukunth,

You can find chapter wise mock exams at epractizelabs website for all java certification.

Thanks abraham. I downloaded it. But i am using mac book pro. I am unable to install this exe. Can you suggest me something else?



You can visit our blog for Certification preparation articles

or

Visit this one too 1
Vijaya Raghava
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Posts: 27

Congrats....
Vijaya Raghava
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Posts: 27

I wrote the Same exam on October 15, 2012 with 98%. I never encountered a single Drag and Drop Question.
Does any one know, are the Drag and Drop Questions dropped from the exam ?
Ashish Ramteke
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 24, 2012
Posts: 86
    
    1
Vikas Sheoran wrote:Hello All,
I had my OCPJP 6 exam today and passed with 100% ...
This is probably my second post here, but i am a regular visitor of this wonderful java community website.
I read a lots of success stories and guidelines here by those ranchers who have passed this exam and those were really really helpful.

2.5 month preparation, read K&B couple of times ... what an amazing book it is. Did all the mocks from "OCP Java SE6 Programmer Practice Exams" book, ExamLab test simulator and some online mocks. I wasn't scoring very well initially but i kept doing a lots of code and started understanding the concepts much better... if you want to pass this exam... start writing code as much as possible.

Real exam questions were easy compared to Mocks, and ExamLab simulator..... and thats what Practice Exam book and ExamLab simulator do, they will prepare you to that level where you will start seeing every question so easy.
Thanks to all who manage this website and who shared their stories and preparation experience here...

From here, i want to go for SCWCD 6. Can someone please share some experience/guidance on it..

Hey buddy, Congrats! And thanks for all the information about how you studied Java. I am also planning to get this certification and was wondering that whether I could do all the preparation by my own or after that get a final certification-preparation-course from an institute. But, your story is awesome and has increased my determination. Thanks for posting. After that I am also planned to study the advanced topics of Java.
Congrats again!


Good day..! :-)
Ochi Elty
Greenhorn

Joined: May 07, 2010
Posts: 15
Congratulations for the perfect score If you don't mind, please send the title of the book that you used to prepare for the exam. Tnx a lot


Why most of the people are so cruel? Most of the time, I have to be the same.
arulk pillai
Author
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 31, 2007
Posts: 3220
Congrats and keep up the good work
Ravi Panchani
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 09, 2013
Posts: 1
Congratulation Vikas ........
Gaurav. Prasad
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 03, 2012
Posts: 12
Congrats 100% is special and outstanding.
 
GeeCON Prague 2014
 
subject: Passed OCPJP 6 - 100%