This week's book giveaway is in the General Computing forum. We're giving away four copies of Arduino in Action and have Martin Evans, Joshua Noble, and Jordan Hochenbaum on-line! See this thread for details.
We are looking for a Software Developer who will be designing and developing software for large-scale cloud-based services. Responsibilities include: Translating functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs; Providing estimates for development effort; Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software; creating unit and acceptance tests; coordinating sign-off from QA/Test; automating deployment; And assisting Operations and Support staff in trouble-shooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes.
Must Have Skills
- 3+ years of Software development experience in Java
- Strong experience in server side programming on the business logic tier and the data tier
- Experience with databases
- 2+ experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment
- Proficient in debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong design skills
- Experience working as part of a large distributed team across geographies and timezones