The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.4 has been released. It includes a number of useful enhancements regarding HTML and ODS file formats. Aspose.Cells for Java now supports reading even common HTML files. We have also added support for reading charts and other shapes in ODS files. We have enhanced the worksheet’s copy operation and provided more useful options while copying worksheets between workbooks. You can load text and CSV files with your desired parsers. Moreover Aspose developer’s team added improvements to the advanced conditional formatting for XLS files and added some other fixes and enhancements too. This release includes plenty of improved features as listed below
- Support reading common HTML files
- Read/Write advanced conditional formatting types for XLS files
- Optimization is done for Cells.Merge() function regarding memory usage
- Set BigDecimal value as double for Cell.putValue() method
- Provide more Copy options for copying worksheets
- Load CSV file with user specified parsers
- Support advanced formatting condition types introduced in Excel 2007 for XLS format
- New API added: Range.getRefersTo()
- "\n" char in the shape's text becomes square in the generated PDF document
- Read Sort settings from template file for Auto-Filters
- Include TxtLoadOptions.convertDateTimeData option
- Support animated GIF images for ODS/HTML files
- Read charts from ODS template file
- Support to set colors that are not in the MS Excel 2003 standard palette for charts
- Remove FILEPASS record when there is no password set
- Support to set locales for LoadOptions
- Generated PDF document cause Adobe Reader give error is fixed
- Incorrect calculated value for the PRICE function is fixed.
- Calculate COUNTIF function now working correctly
- Problem with Array formulas is resolved.
- Reversed order for category value of a 3D Bar chart using Chart-to-Image is corrected
- Auto-Fit Column function now gives consistent results
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.