File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes JSF and the fly likes working with panelGrid Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » JSF
Bookmark "working with panelGrid" Watch "working with panelGrid" New topic
Author

working with panelGrid

chen young
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 09, 2005
Posts: 188
Hi,

My main page contain one grid panel with 2 columns
The first group panel represent the menu bar and the second will contain the other jsf pages.

1) How can I align both panels on the same height
2) How can I show the first panel on the first 20% of the screen and the second on the rest 80% ?

Thanks



Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Jun 25, 2001
Posts: 15952
    
  19

Use CSS. JSF doesn't re-invent display formatting services when it can use existing functionality and stuff like this is what css is all about.

You can do this sort of basic tiling using the core JSF panelGrid by specifying "columnClasses" attribute and defining 2 CSS classes, one for the menu pane and one for the content pane. Adjust their widths (and other visual attributes) as desired.

Customer surveys are for companies who didn't pay proper attention to begin with.
chen young
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 09, 2005
Posts: 188
Thank you
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: working with panelGrid
 
Similar Threads
problems with <f:subview>
working with t:commandNavigation2
JSF Template
Hoto include JSP page in JSF
JSF Error : cannot get value for expression