This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
1. I have a JSP page which should display a table with 2 columns : Code and Role
2. The data to be displayed in these 2 columns comes from a servlet which calls a DAO class.
3. The DAO class executes a select query and retrieves the data from database table and sets the data in an Arraylist jobList.
4.The ArrayList is passed back to the controller.
5. How do I display the values in this ArrayList as a table using the JTSL tags in the JSP.
Please let me know if I were to use ,<c:forEach> tag,how do I set the values using this tag.
4. This modaltarget is configured in tiles-config.xml,views.properties file which routes the output jsp page
5.The service layer which returns an Arraylist calls Dao class
6. Dao class:
This class contains the JDBC logic select query to retrieve the data from the database table.The data Code and Role columns are added to a VO object and added to a Arraylist.
7. The business logic is fine.But I have modaltarget.jsp page which must display the retrieved values from Dao as a table ,as a list of values in a table using JSTL.
I cannot hardcode te values as shown above.I have to display the retrieved values from Dao from an ArrayList into this jsp.
Since I am new to JSTL,how do I output the values onto the jsp page using JSTL tags.