I'm just guessing here, but Java has often had trouble in the past with URLs which are file:// URLs where the path name contains spaces. In fact I vaguely recall that I had to URL-encode the path name (i.e. replace the spaces by %20.) when I was dealing with XSLT and importing, but it was several years ago. You also have an ampersand in your path name: that seems like another risky idea in this context, but anyway that would have to be URL-encoded as well.
(That's a simple answer but it might not be a correct answer.)
Joined: Jan 20, 2008
Right, the spaces and so on. I did clean that up but, strangely, that made no difference.
I wonder if RAD is enforcing its context path even in xslt, so that the relative url is not relative to the current xsl sheet but is relative to whatever the context path is.
Finally I just put an absolute path -- like file:///c:/temp/foo -- in both places, the JSTL:import and the import. I will come back to this later.