Ok, I am not sure that this is the right place but I will try here..
Anyway.. I am using Eclipse on Windows and Google add on for Eclipse (you know.. for google app engine)..
I created Application on Google App Engine web site. The right place where it should be created. Gave it the name "iprogg", just a simple name for first app.
Then I made full project that works realy fine. Its basicly a copy of the example from guide. (Just to test does this thing work).
I added that name "iprogg" to war/web-inf/appengience-web.xml .. just where it should be so now there is a line saying <application>iprogg</application> .. which I think should be totaly ok.
So... as everything now is good I tried to upload it using that Google toolbar. Pressed "Deploy to app engine" and again pressed DEPLOY button. Everything starts and then!
Then, I got ERROR.. saying:
Wow, its been a while since I deployed my Google App Engine program, but I went back and checked what I have. In my appengine-web.xml file, I don't have a setting for <application> - it is blank. I double-checked the uploaded app and it uses and id of xxxxx (sorry, not going to say, I don't want anyone using it and running up my tab!). But from what I recall, I did the upload through the App Engine web site, not via Eclipse. So try that instead. Oh, and remove the <application> value from the xml file.