This week's book giveaway is in the Clojure forum.
We're giving away four copies of Clojure in Action and have Amit Rathore and Francis Avila on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of Clojure in Action this week in the Clojure forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

passed OCEJWSD6 with 98%

 
Rajeev Rnair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 308
Java Linux Oracle
  • 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have appeared OCEJWSD6 exam today and passed with 98% . I have started preparing last year and then couldn't continue because of project dead lines.
Started preparing again for past 2-3 months (with a full time job and family !)

Used the following books:
1. J2EE Web services - Richard, Monson - Haefel (for XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL etc)
2. Java web services up and running - Martin Kalin (JAX-WS, SOAP)
3. REST ful Java Web services - Jose Sandoval (JAX-RS, REST, Jersey etc)
4. Ivan Kristan notes (SCJWSD5) (covered everything except for UDDI and JAXR)
5. Mikalai Zaikin notes (both SCJWSD5 and OCEJWSD6) (covered everything except for UDDI and JAXR)
6. Oracle J2EE 6 documentation
7. WS-I Basic Profile documentation
8. Refreshed my notes on Servlets, EJB 3.1 etc

Mock exams:
1. Mikalai Zaikin's OCEJWSD6 mock exam - i skipped UDDI and JAXR parts in appendix

I would say both Ivan and MZ notes are a MUST to study. Use MZ mock exam as another study guide! THANK YOU so much to Ivan and Mikalai!!!

The exam was not so tough as expected. Most of the questions are conceptual ones and you need to have a good understanding about everything to answer these questions because the answers are from different topics. So if you don’t know one topic, you will easily be confused what to choose. There were several multiple choice questions with pretty much all answers looks correct! I was relieved to see there were NO questions from UDDI or JAXR !

* SOAP , XML, WSDL, SAAJ, JAX-WS, SOAP encodingStyle , SOAP encoding etc
* Servlet end points - web.xml
* EJB end points
* webservices.xml
* REST - JAX-RS, sub resources, sub resource locator
* JAXP, SAX, DOM, XSLT, JAXB etc
* Logical and SOAP Handlers - server side
* MTOM - enabling etc
* WS-Addressing - enabling, routing response to different endpoint address etc
* WS-Policy
* WS-Security - what is covered and what is NOT covered
* XKMS, SAML, XACML, basic authentication, mutual authentication, digital signatures, SSL, encryption etc
* WS IT - interoperability - best practices
* Java - WSDL and WSDL - Java approaches
* synchronous / aynchronous clients etc.
* document / rpc / litral / encoded etc
* request - response , oneway - messaging patterns


good luck to all fellow exam aspirants!


 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3329
8
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations, Rajeev !

Impressive score ! This is the best score I saw on WSD 6 test so far.

Glad to know my WSD 6 & 5 Notes and WSD 6 Quiz helped.

Best regards,
MZ
 
Ramnathan Ravindran
Ranch Hand
Posts: 46
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats Rajeev on an excellent score.

Thanks for the good information. I needed this.
 
Swetha Murali
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Rajiv,

Congratulations. What was your score when you did mock exams?

Thanks
 
sreenivas vemula
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What is the difference between SCDJWS and OCEJWSD6. Are both webservices certification exams?
 
Rajeev Rnair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 308
Java Linux Oracle
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Mikalai !!!
 
Rajeev Rnair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 308
Java Linux Oracle
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ramnathan Ravindran wrote:Congrats Rajeev on an excellent score.

Thanks for the good information. I needed this.
Thanks a lot !
 
Rajeev Rnair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 308
Java Linux Oracle
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Swetha Murali wrote: Hi Rajiv,

Congratulations. What was your score when you did mock exams?

Thanks
thanks swetha.. mock exam i scored 80.. it was tougher than the actual exam.
 
Rajeev Rnair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 308
Java Linux Oracle
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sreenivas vemula wrote:What is the difference between SCDJWS and OCEJWSD6. Are both webservices certification exams?
hi sreenivas, SCDJWS is for J2EE5 and OCEJWSD6 is for J2EE6.
I think the main difference in WSD6 exam is that there is no UDDI and JAXR. But there is JAX-RS, REST (very detailed) , MTOM, WS-Addressing etc. Rest are pretty much the same
Good luck !!
 
sreenivas vemula
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks for the clarification rajeev
 
arulk pillai
Author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3380
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats and keep up the good work
 
prashant k. gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 62
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
ashwini vaze
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Rajeev,
Congrats for such a good score.
I am searching for good books for SCDJWS 6.Your post is very helpful.

Could you please suggest the book , J2EE Web services - Richard, Monson - Haefel ,what the it's latest edition ?
Because when i searched for the book , i find this book with java1.4 support.


 
Rajeev Rnair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 308
Java Linux Oracle
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ashwini,

Please read only XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL chapters from the RMH book. There is no latest editions, but this is still good for XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL basics etc.
Good luck!
 
Kancharla Madhu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 109
Eclipse IDE Java Spring
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

fantabulous Score Keep it up!
 
ashwini vaze
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Rajeev.

I have one dillemma.

I am working on spring framework.And spring provides web service integration.

How much doing certification benefits me in my job role when i am working on spring web service.

Please suggest.
 
Rajeev Rnair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 308
Java Linux Oracle
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ashwini, sorry, I have no Spring experience, I am not the best person to answer this! I know some of my friends who use Spring modules and Spring- WS. JAX-WS JAX-RS are specifications and there are so many implementations. People choose whichever implementation suits best to them. There is no harm in learning the basics and what goes on behind the scenes. You can use any IDE and create and deploy a web service within couple of mouse clicks. But if you don't know what is happening inside, you won't be able to trouble shoot issues when they occur. To do the certification or not is entirely your choice, you have to make that decision.
 
ashwini vaze
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Rajeev.
 
Haresh Tejwani
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Rajiv,

Congratulations on your achievement
Could you please provide the link to MZ mock exams.

Thanks,
Haresh

Rajeev Rnair wrote:I have appeared OCEJWSD6 exam today and passed with 98% . I have started preparing last year and then couldn't continue because of project dead lines.
Started preparing again for past 2-3 months (with a full time job and family !)

Used the following books:
1. J2EE Web services - Richard, Monson - Haefel (for XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL etc)
2. Java web services up and running - Martin Kalin (JAX-WS, SOAP)
3. REST ful Java Web services - Jose Sandoval (JAX-RS, REST, Jersey etc)
4. Ivan Kristan notes (SCJWSD5) (covered everything except for UDDI and JAXR)
5. Mikalai Zaikin notes (both SCJWSD5 and OCEJWSD6) (covered everything except for UDDI and JAXR)
6. Oracle J2EE 6 documentation
7. WS-I Basic Profile documentation
8. Refreshed my notes on Servlets, EJB 3.1 etc

Mock exams:
1. Mikalai Zaikin's OCEJWSD6 mock exam - i skipped UDDI and JAXR parts in appendix

I would say both Ivan and MZ notes are a MUST to study. Use MZ mock exam as another study guide! THANK YOU so much to Ivan and Mikalai!!!

The exam was not so tough as expected. Most of the questions are conceptual ones and you need to have a good understanding about everything to answer these questions because the answers are from different topics. So if you don’t know one topic, you will easily be confused what to choose. There were several multiple choice questions with pretty much all answers looks correct! I was relieved to see there were NO questions from UDDI or JAXR !

* SOAP , XML, WSDL, SAAJ, JAX-WS, SOAP encodingStyle , SOAP encoding etc
* Servlet end points - web.xml
* EJB end points
* webservices.xml
* REST - JAX-RS, sub resources, sub resource locator
* JAXP, SAX, DOM, XSLT, JAXB etc
* Logical and SOAP Handlers - server side
* MTOM - enabling etc
* WS-Addressing - enabling, routing response to different endpoint address etc
* WS-Policy
* WS-Security - what is covered and what is NOT covered
* XKMS, SAML, XACML, basic authentication, mutual authentication, digital signatures, SSL, encryption etc
* WS IT - interoperability - best practices
* Java - WSDL and WSDL - Java approaches
* synchronous / aynchronous clients etc.
* document / rpc / litral / encoded etc
* request - response , oneway - messaging patterns


good luck to all fellow exam aspirants!


 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3329
8
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Haresh Tejwani wrote:Hi Rajiv,

Congratulations on your achievement
Could you please provide the link to MZ mock exams.

Thanks,
Haresh



Hello Haresh,

Welcome JavaRanch !

Please, note, my WSD quiz is copyrighted material and cannot be shared.

If you wish to know how to get WSD quiz - please follow the link in my signature.

Best regards,
MZ
 
yogesh.lr kumar
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rajeev Rnair wrote:I have appeared OCEJWSD6 exam today and passed with 98% . I have started preparing last year and then couldn't continue because of project dead lines.
Started preparing again for past 2-3 months (with a full time job and family !)

Used the following books:
1. J2EE Web services - Richard, Monson - Haefel (for XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL etc)
2. Java web services up and running - Martin Kalin (JAX-WS, SOAP)
3. REST ful Java Web services - Jose Sandoval (JAX-RS, REST, Jersey etc)
4. Ivan Kristan notes (SCJWSD5) (covered everything except for UDDI and JAXR)
5. Mikalai Zaikin notes (both SCJWSD5 and OCEJWSD6) (covered everything except for UDDI and JAXR)
6. Oracle J2EE 6 documentation
7. WS-I Basic Profile documentation
8. Refreshed my notes on Servlets, EJB 3.1 etc
.......


Hello Rajeev, Can you please let me knwo what are the chapters you studided from Webservices up and running and Restful webservices books.

Also what is the server setup we need to have to start sworking on examples.

Thanks
 
Trieu Duong Nguyen
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Good job !
Thanks for your shared experience
 
Jhonson Ferndando
Ranch Hand
Posts: 50
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations !
 
Yogs Kumar
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
Eclipse IDE Java Mac
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rajeev Rnair wrote:I have appeared OCEJWSD6 exam today and passed with 98% . I have started preparing last year and then couldn't continue because of project dead lines.
Started preparing again for past 2-3 months (with a full time job and family !)

Used the following books:
2.Web Services up and running.





Hello Rajeev,

Did you study the first edition or second edition of this book?
 
Himai Minh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1142
4
  • 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I promise you that most people study first edition of this book and pass the exam.
The second edition came out in late 2013. Before that, most ranchers studied the first edition and passed the exam.
 
Rami Nassar
Greenhorn
Posts: 26
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rajeev Rnair wrote:
1. Mikalai Zaikin's OCEJWSD6 mock exam - i skipped UDDI and JAXR parts in appendix

I would say both Ivan and MZ notes are a MUST to study. Use MZ mock exam as another study guide! THANK YOU so much to Ivan and Mikalai!!!



Dear Rajeev Rnair,

Thanks for sharing your experience. now I am preparing for this exam and I am so confused about "mock exams". what about Mikalai Zaikin's OCEJWSD6 mock exam ? is it cover all subjects and is it identical to real exam questions?
 
Himai Minh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1142
4
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
MZ's notes and quizzes are helpful, but not exactly the same as the real exam.
Have you tried EPractice Labs and Enthuware?
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic