This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I have a very strange problem. And I can't figure out what could be the problem.
I am developing my clone of the old game Frogger, I think that everybody knows the game I'm talking about.
Well the main reason to develop Frogger is to learn about java games and 2D graphics, anyway this is my problem.
When I run my Frogger application in Eclipse, all the images are shown with no problem with the appropriate animation
(Logs moving in one direction car in another), then when I export this project as Runnable Jar and start it, I can see all images,
except the car images. I know that the missing car images are moving because when I move my frog on the road it gets killed (returns to the start position.)
This is my class that loads and holds the required images. All the images are in the same folder (source)
This is my complete frogger application, feel free to download and study the code. (I didn't test on another machine, so if it works well on your machne let me know.)
I had to decompile your class files to find the problem, but it was quite obvious after that. Your files are called Car_A.png and Car_B.png, but the resource names are CAR_A.png and CAR_B.png. Unlike regular files on Windows, resources are case sensitive.