This week's giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons and have Godfrey Nolan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Beginning Java and the fly likes find the error please Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Beginning Java
Bookmark "find the error please" Watch "find the error please" New topic
Author

find the error please

abhinav sood
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 05, 2011
Posts: 9



this program is giving error in line no 11 not a statement
Jeff Verdegan
Bartender

Joined: Jan 03, 2004
Posts: 6109
    
    6

I don't know which line is 11.

When posting code, UseCodeTags(⇐click) so it will be readable.
Winston Gutkowski
Bartender

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 7552
    
  18

abhinav sood wrote:this program is giving error in line no 11 not a statement

Please UseCodeTags. From what you've given, we have no idea what line 11 is, nor what the error message is.

Winston

[Edit] Can't believe I'm too slow for jverd on these forums as well!!!


Isn't it funny how there's always time and money enough to do it WRONG?
Articles by Winston can be found here
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18545
    
  40

Jeff Verdegan wrote:I don't know which line is 11.

When posting code, UseCodeTags(⇐click) so it will be readable.


It's not hard finding line 11... It's the line that doesn't look like Java, or any other programming language.

My class Inner implements My


Can you tell us what this line is supposed to do?

Henry
Winston Gutkowski
Bartender

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 7552
    
  18

Henry Wong wrote:It's not hard finding line 11... It's the line that doesn't look like Java, or any other programming language.

Henry, you're a better man than I am. Hate to say, but I'm a GIGO philosophist.

Winston
Jeff Verdegan
Bartender

Joined: Jan 03, 2004
Posts: 6109
    
    6

Henry Wong wrote:
Jeff Verdegan wrote:I don't know which line is 11.

When posting code, UseCodeTags(⇐click) so it will be readable.


It's not hard finding line 11...


It is if you don't bother even trying to read unformatted code.
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18545
    
  40

Jeff Verdegan wrote:
It is if you don't bother even trying to read unformatted code.


I didn't really bother either -- it is just that it was so wrong, it caught my eye...

Henry
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
 
subject: find the error please
 
Similar Threads
Inner Class basic dought
inner classes
Default Constructor ...
Inner Class
Inner class