I've to parse this, using StaX API and then Store it in HSQL DB. ( How do I parse it, what should be the rows and columns, no idea)
Then After storing this in DB. I've to
1) Calculate the max time stamp on the data. (Time is in GMT)
2) Figure out the difference between the max time and current time.
3) Replace the max time with current time (2011-09-15 19:38:45:834+0000 becomes current time)
4) Calculate the difference between the max time(before changing it) and the second max time and replace second max time by current time-difference (For example 2011-09-15 17:34:45:834+0000 becomes current time - 2hr 4 min
5) Repeat this till all the time slots are done.
We can have multiple XML files.
This has to be done using maven built (no idea what that is).
I use a Mac and I've maven installed in my system
Any Help will greatly be appreciated...
Currently I'm searching for algorithms on how to sort the date and change the times. If anyone can give me a blue print on how a fresher can approach this problem, I'll really appreciate it.