I have followed the following steps to install XAMPP 1.7.7 in Windows 7 Home(64-bit)
1. I downloaded the ZIP file instead of the the EXE file, and saved it to the "Downloads" folder.
2. Using WinRAR I extracted all contents within it.
3. After extracting the ZIP file, I moved the newly created "xampp" folder from "Downloads" to "C:\"
4. Next, I turned off the User Account Control (UAC).
5. Then, navigated to "C:\xampp" and created a shortcut to the Desktop.
Ran the new XAMPP Control Desktop shortcut and "Start"ed the ones for MySQL, Apache and Tomcat. For, MySQL, Apache I see a green "Running" indicator.
However, for Tomcat NOTHING. The log shows that Tomcat has started on port 8080, but in reality it is not and I am not seeing green "Running" indicator.
When I open up Web Browser, and type in http://localhost I see the XAMPP splash screen. But, if I try with http://localhost:8080, it shows "unable to connect".
If I go to Tomcat Status I see:
XAMPP Status This page offers you one page to view all information about what's running and working, and what isn't working.
MySQL database ACTIVATED
HTTPS (SSL) ACTIVATED
Common Gateway Interface (CGI) ACTIVATED
Server Side Includes (SSI) ACTIVATED
SMTP Service DEACTIVATED
FTP Service DEACTIVATED
Tomcat Service DEACTIVATED
Why is Tomcat DEACTIVATED? I have tried to install XAMPP 1.7.7 with .EXE file and the same thing happens. How can I fix this?
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Tomcat service not running after installing XAMPP