aspose file tools*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Passed 1Z0-851 today Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Passed 1Z0-851 today" Watch "Passed 1Z0-851 today" New topic
Author

Passed 1Z0-851 today

Jeffrey Tian
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 02, 2010
Posts: 34
I took the test and passed with 96% today.
Thank every java rancher and K&B.

I have two non-java questions:

1. Why do you guys call this test OCPJP? The test name is "Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam". In any way it can't be shorten as OCPJP.
2. According to exam report, I have to completing following steps to ensure delivery of my certification success kit:
  • Visit certification.oracle.com and select your certification path to ensure you are aware of all certification requirements.
  • Check certview.oracle.com to confirm that all completed components are in your profile.
  • Go to pearsonvue.com/oracle, select My Account, log in, and select "Personal Info" to confirm that your address is correct.

  • I'm not sure about step 2. I don't have an account on certview.oracle.com. Do I have to create one for it?

    Thanks,
    Henry Wong
    author
    Sheriff

    Joined: Sep 28, 2004
    Posts: 18714
        
      40

    Jeffrey Tian wrote:I took the test and passed with 96% today.
    Thank every java rancher and K&B.

    I have two non-java questions:

    1. Why do you guys call this test OCPJP? The test name is "Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam". In any way it can't be shorten as OCPJP.
    2. According to exam report, I have to completing following steps to ensure delivery of my certification success kit:
  • Visit certification.oracle.com and select your certification path to ensure you are aware of all certification requirements.
  • Check certview.oracle.com to confirm that all completed components are in your profile.
  • Go to pearsonvue.com/oracle, select My Account, log in, and select "Personal Info" to confirm that your address is correct.

  • I'm not sure about step 2. I don't have an account on certview.oracle.com. Do I have to create one for it?

    Thanks,



    The name of the certification is ... Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer.

    Henry


    Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
    Jeffrey Tian
    Ranch Hand

    Joined: Jun 02, 2010
    Posts: 34
    Henry Wong wrote:
    Jeffrey Tian wrote:I took the test and passed with 96% today.
    Thank every java rancher and K&B.

    I have two non-java questions:

    1. Why do you guys call this test OCPJP? The test name is "Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam". In any way it can't be shorten as OCPJP.
    2. According to exam report, I have to completing following steps to ensure delivery of my certification success kit:
  • Visit certification.oracle.com and select your certification path to ensure you are aware of all certification requirements.
  • Check certview.oracle.com to confirm that all completed components are in your profile.
  • Go to pearsonvue.com/oracle, select My Account, log in, and select "Personal Info" to confirm that your address is correct.

  • I'm not sure about step 2. I don't have an account on certview.oracle.com. Do I have to create one for it?

    Thanks,



    The name of the certification is ... Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer.

    Henry


    Thank you, Henry.
    I also found the answer to question 2: Just follow the instructions.
    Jeffrey Tian
    Ranch Hand

    Joined: Jun 02, 2010
    Posts: 34
    I bought Enthuware mock test for preparation. Below are my score for test 1 to test 12. I had planned to take the Last Day Test(Unique) at the last night before the exam, but I was too tired to take the last mock test.



    Test Score Date
    Test1 92 Jan-01
    Test2 90 Jan-21
    Test3 90 Jan-28
    Test4 85 Feb-01
    Test5 90 Feb-04
    Test6 88 Feb-06
    Test7 80 Feb-10
    Test8 83 Feb-11
    Test9 90 Feb-12
    Test10 87 Feb-13
    Test11 85 Feb-19
    Test12 83 Mar-05
    Average 86.91666667
    Anayonkar Shivalkar
    Bartender

    Joined: Dec 08, 2010
    Posts: 1505
        
        5

    Congratulations!


    Regards,
    Anayonkar Shivalkar (SCJP, SCWCD, OCMJD, OCEEJBD)
    Abbas Attarwala
    Greenhorn

    Joined: Feb 11, 2012
    Posts: 6

    Hi,
    I cleared my OCPJP6 examination with 93% marks yesterday. Does anyone know of any online portal/facility where they list people who have cleared the OCPJP exam? Also, are there any other formalities that I need to complete with Pearson so that the certification kit is delivered to my place successfully?
    Jeffrey Tian
    Ranch Hand

    Joined: Jun 02, 2010
    Posts: 34
    Abbas Attarwala wrote:Hi,
    I cleared my OCPJP6 examination with 93% marks yesterday. Does anyone know of any online portal/facility where they list people who have cleared the OCPJP exam? Also, are there any other formalities that I need to complete with Pearson so that the certification kit is delivered to my place successfully?


    Just follow the instructions on the exam report. After creating your account on certview.oracle.com, your personal info on Pearson will be transferred to oracle.
    vijay basky
    Greenhorn

    Joined: Feb 05, 2012
    Posts: 18

    Congratulations
    Did you attend any questions from Serialization, Garbage Collection and Concurrency(wait /notify) ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Abbas Attarwala
    Greenhorn

    Joined: Feb 11, 2012
    Posts: 6

    There were no questions on serialization, but plenty on Inheritance, Polymorphism and Multi-threading(wait/notify) in Java. Just faced one on GC. Also, quite a lot on Generics and Collections.
    Abbas Attarwala
    Greenhorn

    Joined: Feb 11, 2012
    Posts: 6

    Jeffrey Tian wrote:I took the test and passed with 96% today.
    Thank every java rancher and K&B.

    I have two non-java questions:

    1. Why do you guys call this test OCPJP? The test name is "Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam". In any way it can't be shorten as OCPJP.
    2. According to exam report, I have to completing following steps to ensure delivery of my certification success kit:
  • Visit certification.oracle.com and select your certification path to ensure you are aware of all certification requirements.
  • Check certview.oracle.com to confirm that all completed components are in your profile.
  • Go to pearsonvue.com/oracle, select My Account, log in, and select "Personal Info" to confirm that your address is correct.

  • I'm not sure about step 2. I don't have an account on certview.oracle.com. Do I have to create one for it?

    Thanks,


    Thanks Jeff,
    I could see my profile with my Oracle Testing ID alongwith the exam details. Can you please tell me how can I share this with others as a hyperlink online or on my resume?
    vijay basky
    Greenhorn

    Joined: Feb 05, 2012
    Posts: 18

    Abbas Attarwala wrote:There were no questions on serialization, but plenty on Inheritance, Polymorphism and Multi-threading(wait/notify) in Java. Just faced one on GC. Also, quite a lot on Generics and Collections.


    thanks for the reply.
    did you attend many questions in Exception Handling ?
    Jeffrey Tian
    Ranch Hand

    Joined: Jun 02, 2010
    Posts: 34
    vijay basky wrote:
    Abbas Attarwala wrote:There were no questions on serialization, but plenty on Inheritance, Polymorphism and Multi-threading(wait/notify) in Java. Just faced one on GC. Also, quite a lot on Generics and Collections.


    thanks for the reply.
    did you attend many questions in Exception Handling ?


    There were some questions on exception, but not many.
    vijay basky
    Greenhorn

    Joined: Feb 05, 2012
    Posts: 18

    Jeffrey Tian wrote:
    vijay basky wrote:
    Abbas Attarwala wrote:There were no questions on serialization, but plenty on Inheritance, Polymorphism and Multi-threading(wait/notify) in Java. Just faced one on GC. Also, quite a lot on Generics and Collections.


    thanks for the reply.
    did you attend many questions in Exception Handling ?


    There were some questions on exception, but not many.


    could you please tell me how do you prepared for the exam and also give some suggestions on preparing exam ?
    i revised the scjp6 of "kathy and bert bates" four times but till now i didn't practice any mock exams other than self test in the book
    so i am feeling so much tension and scared of the exam..
     
    jQuery in Action, 2nd edition
     
    subject: Passed 1Z0-851 today